SINCE 2014 JSL HAS AWARDED $170365
Each year, the Junior Service League of Grand Junction allocates funds raised through the Viva el Vino event and silent auction donations. Those funds are granted to various non-profit organizations in Mesa County that serve women, children and families in need. The JSL grant application for the local non-profits to request funds is generally advertised and available the beginning of July through mid-August. The JSL Community Giving Committee then meets several times to determine which organizations will receive funding. There are many worthy non-profit organizations in Mesa County, and the JSL Community Giving Committee considers their responsibility of making difficult decisions very serious. JSL developed a grant rating criteria and grading system to help the committee make informed and equitable decisions. After the selection process is complete and voted on, JSL awards the chosen grant recipients with the funds in December at a celebratory dinner. Please review the list of our past grant recipients.
If you are involved with a Mesa County non-profit and are interested in applying for funding, please click on the grant guidelines tab to see if your organization qualifies, or send an email to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!
Our 2019-2020 grant applications are now closed. We will open our application process next year from July 2020 to August 2020.
The Community Giving Program enables Junior Service League (JSL) of Grand Junction to support non-profit community organizations rendering services that enhance the quality of life for women, children and families in Mesa County.
The GRANT GUIDELINES in conjunction with the GRANT APPLICATION explain which organizations are eligible to receive JSL funds. Please read the documents carefully and follow all instructions. Also, feel free to email the Committee Chair-person at [email protected] with any questions.
Community Giving Grant Guidelines
All grant requests will be carefully evaluated by JSL members of the Community Giving Committee, and all applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- All applicants must have at least a three-member Board of Directors.
- Applicants must have non-profit 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
- All programs must have been operating for no less than two (2) years, by application deadline.
- Upon request, all applicants must be able to provide previous fiscal year financial statement (audited if available) in addition to current fiscal year budget.
- Requests should not exceed $10,000.00.
- All JSL funds must be used in Mesa County and primarily serve Mesa County residents.
- JSL will not accept requests from:
- Sectarian/Religious programs designed specifically for their member’s benefit
- Animal rights organizations, not excluding Animal Welfare
- Federal, State or Local governments
- Political groups / candidates
- Media organizations
- Trade associations
- Fundraising drives
- JSL’s own events
- JSL does not accept requests for:
Funding to cover operational costs only, no salary or employee costs
- JSL will NOT award more than one (1) grant per year to any organization, INCLUDING parent corporations or subsidiaries.
- Any JSL member serving on a Board of Directors or employed by an organization applying for a grant shall abstain from voting on a grant application in committee. In addition, said member must notify the Committee Chairperson of her position with the organization.
- Funds must be committed and used within one (1) year from date of receipt, i.e. funds awarded in December 2017 must be used by December 31, 2018.
- If funding is granted, JSL requires the receiving agency to submit a full progress report on the use of the money granted by DECEMBER 31st OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR. Failure to turn in this report will result in the organization possibly being ineligible for further consideration in any future years. A form/guideline is provided for this purpose.
- All applicants must complete the JSL Grant Application in full, including all supporting documents, by the deadline, WHICH IS August 15, 2017. –NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered for funding.
The members of the COMMUNITY GIVING COMMITTEE look forward to reading your application.
SINCE 2014 JSL HAS AWARDED $170365
|GRANT YEAR||NON-PROFIT NAME||AWARD AMOUNT|
|2017||Clifton Christian Church Food and Clothing||2500|
|2017||Colorado Discover Ability||3500|
|2017||Community Food Bank||4500|
|2017||Court Appointed Special Advocates of Mesa County||1000|
|2017||Fruita Thrift Shop’s Imagination Library||1000|
|2017||Girl Scouts of Colorado||1000|
|2017||Good Samaritan Clinic||2000|
|2017||Grand Junction Imagination Library||2000|
|2017||Grand Mesa Nordic Council||2000|
|2017||Grand Valley Equine Assisted Learning Center||1700|
|2017||Grant A Wish||2000|
|2017||High Desert Opera||1000|
|2017||High Country Aviation Workshop for Kids||1000|
|2017||First Presbyterian Church Grand Junction||1800|
|2017||Homeward Bound of the Grand Valley Inc||2000|
|2017||Hope of the Grand Valley||4000|
|2017||Orchard Mesa Food Pantry||2500|
|2017||St. Mary’s Foster Grand Parent Program||2500|
|2017||Thunder Mountain Elementary||1500|
|2017||Western Colorado Area Health Education Center||2000|
|2017||Western Colorado Center for the Arts||2000|
|2017||Western Colorado Suicide Prevention Foundation||5000|
|2016||Clifton Christian Church Food and Clothing||3000|
|2016||Colorado Canyons Association||2000|
|2016||Colorado Discover Ability||3000|
|2016||Colorado Plateau Mountain Bike Trail Association||1500|
|2016||Community Food Bank||3000|
|2016||Court Appointed Special Advocates of Mesa County||1000|
|2016||Fruita Thrift Shop’s Imagination Library||500|
|2016||Grand Junction Imagination Library||500|
|2016||Hilltop Community Resources Inc.||1000|
|2016||Hope of the Grand Valley||2000|
|2016||Karis Inc. dba Zoe House||2000|
|2016||Mesa Land Trust||2500|
|2016||Mesa Youth Services, Inc. dba Mesa County Partners||1000|
|2016||Riverside Educational Center||2500|
|2016||The Salvation Army||2000|
|2016||St. Mary’s Foster Grand Parent Program||1500|
|2016||Western Colorado Area Health Education Center||2000|
|2016||Western Colorado Center for the Arts||1500|
|2016||Western Colorado Suicide Prevention Foundation||2000|
|2015||Riverside Educational Center||1000|
|2015||Colorado National Monument Association||2000|
|2015||Community Food Bank||5000|
|2015||Grand Mesa Nordic Council||5000|
|2015||Colorado Riverfront Foundation, Inc.||2500|
|2015||The Salvation Army||2500|
|2015||Fruita Thrift Shop’s Imagination Library||1000|
|2015||Mesa County Partners||1000|
|2015||Grand Valley Catholic Outreach||1500|
|2015||Mesa Land Trust||3500|
|2015||Hilltop Community Resources, Inc.||2400|
|2015||Western Colorado Center for the Arts||1000|
|2015||Colorado Canyons Association||5000|
|2015||St. Mary’s Foster Grandparent Program||1500|
|2015||Clifton Christian Church Food and Clothing||5000|
|2015||Grand Junction Imagination Library||1000|
|2014||Hilltop Community Resources, Inc.||2910|
|2014||Community Food Bank||2500|
|2014||Ariel Clinical Services||2500|
|2014||Grand Junction Imagination Library||2485|
|2014||Mesa Land Trust||2000|
|2014||St. Mary’s Foster Grandparent Program||2000|
|2014||Fire Football Club||1500|
|2014||John McConnell Math and Science Center||1150|
|2014||Riverside Educational Center||1000|
|2014||Colorado National Monument Association||1000|
|2014||Desert Edge Therapy||955|
|2014||Mesa County Partners||865|
|2014||Fruita Thrift Shop and Imagination Library||500|
The Junior Service League’s Community Giving grant qualification guidelines require our grant recipients to complete a report detailing how they used JSL’s award. The report must be received by the last day of the year for which the grant was awarded (for example the 2014 grant recipients, this form is due December 31, 2015.) If an organization fails to comply with this requirement, they may be put on non-eligible status for any future grant cycles and may be required to return the money already awarded. Please avoid any unnecessary complications by complying with this simple rule. Also, please note that this verification process is necessary for JSL to maintain its non-profit status. Click below to download the Grant Tracking Form.