This rum cake is very easy and very delicious! Make it for a special occasion or no occasion at all. You can find the recipe on page 118 of Celebrate Colorado.
- 1 (18-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup water
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and rum in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle the pecans onto the bottom of a greased bundt pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the cake tests done. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Poke holes in the cake with a bamboo skewer.
For the glaze:
- Combine the butter, sugar, rum, and water in a small saucepan and heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Pour the warm glaze slowly over the cake.
Read a JSL member’s review of this recipe here.
Nutrition information calculated using My Fitness Pal. This data assumes you used 1/2 cup of rum in the glaze..
Fat: 27.8 g
Cholesterol: 90.5 mg
Sodium: 2595.5 mg
Potassium: 79.4 mg
Carbohydrates: 193.3 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Sugar: 145.3 g
Protein: 3.9 g
Vitamin A: 7.1% D.V.
Vitamin C: 0.2% D.V.
Calcium: 9.5% D.V.
Iron: 12.8% D.V.
Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie/day diet.