The Community Giving Program enables Junior Service League (JSL) of Grand Junction to support non-profit community organizations rendering services that enhance the quality of life for women, children and families in Mesa County.
The GRANT GUIDELINES in conjunction with the GRANT APPLICATION explain which organizations are eligible to receive JSL funds. Please read the documents carefully and follow all instructions. Also, feel free to email the Committee Chair-person at email@example.com with any questions.
Community Giving Grant Guidelines
All grant requests will be carefully evaluated by JSL members of the Community Giving Committee, and all applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- All applicants must have at least a three-member Board of Directors.
- Applicants must have non-profit 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
- All programs must have been operating for no less than two (2) years, by application deadline.
- Upon request, all applicants must be able to provide previous fiscal year financial statement (audited if available) in addition to current fiscal year budget.
- Requests should not exceed $10,000.00.
- All JSL funds must be used in Mesa County and primarily serve Mesa County residents.
- JSL will not accept requests from:
- Sectarian/Religious programs designed specifically for their member’s benefit
- Animal rights organizations, not excluding Animal Welfare
- Federal, State or Local governments
- Political groups / candidates
- Media organizations
- Trade associations
- Fundraising drives
- JSL’s own events
- JSL does not accept requests for:
Funding to cover operational costs only, no salary or employee costs
- JSL will NOT award more than one (1) grant per year to any organization, INCLUDING parent corporations or subsidiaries.
- Any JSL member serving on a Board of Directors or employed by an organization applying for a grant shall abstain from voting on a grant application in committee. In addition, said member must notify the Committee Chairperson of her position with the organization.
- Funds must be committed and used within one (1) year from date of receipt, i.e. funds awarded in December 2017 must be used by December 31, 2018.
- If funding is granted, JSL requires the receiving agency to submit a full progress report on the use of the money granted by DECEMBER 31st OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR. Failure to turn in this report will result in the organization possibly being ineligible for further consideration in any future years. A form/guideline is provided for this purpose.
- All applicants must complete the JSL Grant Application in full, including all supporting documents, by the deadline, WHICH IS August 15, 2017. –NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered for funding.
The members of the COMMUNITY GIVING COMMITTEE look forward to reading your application.